Re: 64-bit Kernel Question

Adam Williamson wrote:
Running x86-64 basically uses twice as much RAM for any given workload
as running x86-32 would.
My company supports over 200 Linux appliances at our customer sites, running a mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit. We're using CentOS 5 rather than Fedora, but I doubt that significantly impacts the memory footprint. In our experience, there's about a 50% increase when switching to 64-bit. Certainly, we haven't seen a 100% increase.

 jik