Improved wiki tracking of active triagers and components (draft)

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 9 21:04:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 10:02 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> At our last meeting we asked you to create DRAFT pages in your own
> namespace :)  For example:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Beland/My_Draft

I will do so in the future, but for this page I was simply updating a
draft that already existed.

> I do not think we are ready for redirects until our overall redesign is
> done.  Redirects should be used to route around pages that are
> completely dead or not used vs. combining a bunch of pages into one.

Well, Wikipedia convention is to leave redirects behind whenever pages
are merged or moved, in case there are still external links or bookmarks
to the old URLs.  I don't see much of a downside to them.

But I think that's three votes now for splitting back up into Goals,
Components to Triage, and Finding Bugs.

> I also do not think it is a good idea to maintain stats inside this
> page because of all the manual work to do it each week.  Over time
> it will stop being updated and then the page will look stale.
> Metrics capture should be done in a central place where the data can
> be reported dynamically.

That would be lovely, but at the moment as far as I know, we have no
scripts capable of doing so.

-B.