F11 rawhide severe X11 latency problems with Radeon

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 10 02:11:41 UTC 2009

> I'm not sure whether this is kernel or X11 related. Any ideas on
> what I can do to diagnose this further ?

Your experience reminds me of a nightmare I had trying to get the latest
Rawhide updates installed on a LiveUSB stick...

I encountered some SELinux problems, and it's also a good "usual
suspect" to check on for any unexplained problems.  Are your system logs
producing any interesting output that might be related to the lockups?
Any AVC denial messages should show up there in /var/log/messages .  I
wouldn't be surprised if this was something more subtle and gruesome,
though.

-B.