Re: The 64-bit System...

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

Also, I noticed in the repo that some programs/libraries/what-have-you exist
in duplicate, for x86_64 and i386. MUST I install both? Will yum
automatically grab both if required, etc? I don't want to pollute this
virgin system with 32-bit, unless I absolutely have to.

If anything you want to install requires a 32bit lib yum will take care of it.

-sv