Re: Interesting comments

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 08:52 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

Ah. There's a program that is supposed to respond to button-presses on a scanner. buttond or some such.

Its presence doesn't much affect the release, but in the context of _that application_ I'd classify it as critical, a release blocker and simply omit it unless someone (the packager?) actually tested it and made it work.

Well, I'd classify it as priority low, severity critical. I don't see
why it should block a release. Sure, it's crappy code, but it's not

It wouldn't block the release of anything more than itself;-)

likely to cause anyone any particularly massive inconvenience. I'd
rather have the non-infinite amount of resources we have to spend on
prioritizing release-critical issues spent on things that will
significantly inconvenience large amounts of people. But now we're
getting into specifics rather than procedure, which is a different
debate.

--

Cheers
John