Re: gnome locking up after user login since the mass rebuild

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 11:25:13 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:
> I haven't seen a report that I recognized as my problem and was hoping an
> update would fix it, but it has been about a week now.
> After logging into know and having the too bar show up, it locks up.
> I can't switch windows, c-a-F? doesn't drop down to a terminal, and
> clicking on the icons results in a slight color change on the border of
> the window the first time and then nothing changes after that.

I finally got my home machine past the mass rebuild and it is not having
this problem.

On my work machine xfce works with most of what I do except for bringing
up a file save dialog.

I am still seeing the mptsas tracebacks and found that a problem with
mptsas and 2.6.29 was mentioned on lkml.

So it may be that somethings trigger the problem fairly relibably in a way
that knocks out the machine, where as in other cases things seem to recover.