Re: /bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5

Christopher D. Stover wrote:
Hi everyone,
I tried doing a yum update that didn't go so well. I'm now attempting to run yum from recovery via a fedora live cd but I'm getting the following: "/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this? Thanks!

Chris

Contrary to Ray, I wonder whether you're using the right recovery disk/live CD. I'd be using one that matches the installed kernel, a 32-bit kernel wouldn't handle 64-bit binaries.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait