Re: network manager, KDE and libudev

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 07:50 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

> Solves a different problem. Seems sensible, to me, that when a new
> release is installed then the repo for that release should be enabled.
> However, there may be other customisations that should be retained (eg
> specifications of a local mirror).

Our current tool set does not have any merging capability of changed
config files.  Its an all or nothing approach.  The repo files shipped
in the fedora-release package for a given release will have the correct
repos enabled (the fedora repo as well as the updates repo), but if
you've locally modified your repo files, we won't overwrite your changes
and instead write out .rpmnew files for you to examine and merge as
appropriate.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!