Re: More on high i/o load wedging Fedora 10

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
I reformatted the backup drive with ext2 to see if that made any
difference.  Fedora still wedged during the backup, twice.

When/if you gather the info I requested - sysrq 'w' output, which will
actually help identify & resolve the issue instead of speculating about
it, please file a bug against the kernel, attach the info I asked for,
and I'll see it that way.  I probably won't be following these threads
further.

-Eric

And when you do, post the details to this list.

I ask that as my F10 machine is going into a total freeze during backups as well. The only item of what happened was a message in messages about a kernel oops.

I thought it may be related to the EXT4 issues and I am in the process of dumping EXT4 after reading many reports of data loss.

--
Robin Laing