Re: Can't install i586 rpm on fedora 11 x86_64 - rawhide

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

The other thing I think I have seen is false positives from yum where
there is a file conflict between a new and old package, even though
the old package is being replaced by another new package which doesn't
have the problem. When I saw that I had to uninstall some stuff temporarily.

You sure those false positives are coming from yum? Yum can't do file-conflict checks b/c it doesn't have the checksums of the files in its metadata with which to do proper file-conflict checks.

So chances are the messages you're seeing are coming from rpm.

If you have an example of what you're seeing please post it in a bug.

-sv