Re: Another md5 sum not correct

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 15:38 +0100, Jan Scotka wrote:

Yes,
only
# yum update rpm
(on default package set from installation f10)
about 260 dependent packages was  also upgraded with 'yum update rpm'

next step displayed this message (so yum was broken yet) (or not yum, but dependent packages was upgraded from old version to none version :-) ):

# yum clean all
/usr/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Glad you got it fixed (from later messages), still the above looks like
some kind of dependency issue to me - dependencies should ensure that
yum gets updated when python gets updated, shouldn't they?
Yes, I agree. Biggest problem is, that yum doesnt recognise, that something is wrong and unistall old version of packages and doesnt install new one.
But it is caused by bad yum package in F10 install.
Yum should check if is able to install packages correctly.
   Honza