Re: More on high i/o load wedging Fedora 10

I regret not providing the output of sysrq-w  when Linux was wedged.
About the time I figured out that sysrq-w was a magic key combination
and not an undocumented command, I had updated to a Rawhide
kernel and the problem went away.

We've come a long way from Version 7 Unix when one could hope
to get their hands around the kernel without quitting their day job.
That should be kept in mind when asking for the output of arcane
procedures.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665