fedora-devel-announce again (was: Re: 2009-03-26 - Fedora Test Day - Nouveau graphics driver)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 25 06:38:02 UTC 2009

Hi!

On 24.03.2009 22:28, James Laska wrote:
> Greetings testers,
>
> Adam Williamson and Ben Skeggs have lined up an exciting Fedora Test Day
> topic.  This Thursday, March 26 will focus on testing the new nouveau
> graphics driver.  If the Intel graphics test day [1] was any indication,
> this will be a busy event.

Why are these "Fedora Test Day" announcements being send to
fedora-devel-announce? I can't see how they fit into the rule set that
lists. Quoting it here again:

"""
> This list is intended to be a LOW TRAFFIC announce-only list for Fedora development.
>
> Acceptable Types of Announcements
> - Policy or process changes that affect developers.
> - Infrastructure changes that affect developers.
> - Tools changes that affect developers.
> - Schedule changes
> - Freeze reminders
>
> Unacceptable Types of Announcements
> - Periodic automated reports (violates the INFREQUENT rule)
> - Discussion
> - Anything else not mentioned above
>
> In order to post. you must be subscribed as a member. Then your post will be allowed into the moderation queue.
"""

They IMHO violate the hinted "INFREQUENT rule", as they come weekly
right now.

CU
knurd (who is getting more and more worried that packagers with only one
or two packages start to ignore fedora-devel-announce because it gets
more and more mails that are not of interest for them)

P.S.: While at it: The mail "Fedora 11 Beta slip" definitely was okay
for fedora-devel-announce, but I wonder if it should have gone to
fedora-announce-list as well, as such slips in the past normally have
been announced there; take the F11 Alpha slip for example:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-February/msg00003.html