Re: Convert ext3 to ext4

Ok, thank you...
How can I do it with the / partition? It's mounted and with a mounted unit I get this warning:
WARNING!!!  Running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem may cause
SEVERE filesystem damage.
Is it possible to make it with the live cd alpha?

Salu2...
masch...

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen redhat com> wrote:
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 20:26:56 -0300,
>   Mario Chacon <the masch gmail com> wrote:
>> Hello:
>> I'm using fedora 11 for some days with ext3, now I want to try with ext4. Is
>> it possible to convert all my ext3 partition to ext4?
>
> Yes.
> http://kernelnewbies.org/Ext4#head-3891522e0601162aab24c73c1f148a1e28c6a9d4

although note the caveats there.  Existing files will not change their
disk format to use extents... so it's not quite the same as if you had
just done ext4 from scratch.  Still worth testing, though, and should
still be beneficial.

-Eric