Radeon Test Day: Wednesday April 1st (yes, really)

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:39:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Adam Williamson said the following on 03/30/2009 12:24 PM Pacific Time:
>>
>> Be it hereby announced that this Wednesday, the first of the glorious
>> month of April (ignore Eliot, he was a douche), shall be the Test Day
>> for the radeon video driver. Which is used, as you may already have
>> deduced, for ATI Radeon (and FireGL) video cards. All of 'em.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:Radeon_2009-04-01
>>
>> If you have such a card, please make all appropriate effort to attend -
>> in #fedora-qa on Freenode, whenever counts as Wednesday daytime for you
>> (there should be someone, either myself, Dave or someone else from the
>> QA department, around all day).
>>
>> The Wiki page is replete with instructions and test cases and a results
>> table, and will shortly contain up-to-date live CD images (for now, the
>> links point to the Nouveau test day live images, which don't have the
>> latest changes from Rawhide). So it's very easy to test without needing
>> a permanent install of Rawhide or any permanent changes to your system.
>> We really need testing with as broad as possible a range of Radeon
>> cards, so if you have one, please do come out and do the tests! Thanks.
>
> Perhaps this is a built-in barrier-to-entry to folks looking to help... how
> about some simple instructions for determining whether you have a card that
> qualifies for testing?

Perhaps there is a barrier. OTOH, considering the Test Cases, those
willing to test should be capable of knowing what he/she has for
video.
If needed, some simple tests that gave me positive results:
lsmod | grep ^radeon
lspci -nn | grep -i radeon
etc.

Oddly, just because of this I now realize that all three desktop
systems I use nearly every day have radeon cards in them. Guess I'll
be extra busy this week!

jerry