StockBugzillaResponses updated, nVidia question

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 31 17:33:34 UTC 2009

John Summerfield requested the fixed-width formatting at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

be changed.  That's done now.  While I was in there, I also tweaked the
wording of some stock responses to be more polite, so review of the
revised text is welcomed.

I also had a question about the nVidia proprietary driver stock
response.  After reading:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NouveauAsDefault

I was wondering if the response should be rewritten to suggest moving to
the open source "xf86-video-nouveau" driver, which will be available in
Fedora 11.  (Will it be backported to 9 and 10 as well?) It was also
unclear whether "xf86-video-nv" is open source enough not to warrant the
"proprietary driver" response, or what.

-B.