Re: StockBugzillaResponses updated, nVidia question

> the open source "xf86-video-nouveau" driver, which will be available in
> Fedora 11.  (Will it be backported to 9 and 10 as well?)

The driver is already in 10. I had to install xf86-video-nouveau, then
do the following.

init 3
chkconfig nvidia off
service nvidia off
modprobe nouveau

(The nvidia driver was from RPMfusion).

Finally I created a Xorg.conf with the following

Section "Device"
Driver "nouveau"
EndSection

It seemed to work fine for me until I rebooted 5 days later. Probably
the nouveau driver didn't get automatically loaded again but that can
be fixed by adding nouveau to /etc/modprobe.conf or similar.

Gireesh