Re: Radeon Test Day: Wednesday April 1st (yes, really)

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 13:38:56 -0500,
  Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
> Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> said:
> > Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > > How about a Radeon HD 3400 Series Rev 0? I'd love to see full support
> > > for this card...
> >
> > You'll get 2D with this one (and AFAIK XRender should be working in Rawhide
> > now), but no 3D.
>
> Is there a good place to find what should work on what card (besides
> RTFS)?  I'm in the market for a new card, and would prefer to get a
> good-performing (not necessarily gamer speeds) Radeon that has working
> 3D with the open source driver.

Another thing to keep in mind is that ATI released the r600 and r700 info
(http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE3Nw ) and there
will be good support for that down the road. So if you see a good deal
on a newer card you might still want to get it.