SSH, firefox, and X

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri May 1 04:01:45 UTC 2009

My problem was an incorrectly set selinux boolean as far as FF is concerned(allow_execmem). The hanging on logout from ssh after running FF persists but again it does not occur if i run only emacs(it was the GUI type emacs too) and logout.

 Since the most recent update(today)none of the graphical apps run when i log in via ssh. I get this instead :

debug1: Sending environment.
debug1: Sending env LANG = en_US.UTF-8
Last login: Thu Apr 30 23:29:07 2009 from 192.168.1.100
/usr/bin/xauth:  /home/maximus/.Xauthority not writable, changes will be ignored

So i checked and ownership was root for some reason so i did the chown on it
and logged out and back in, twice before it worked but it does work again, though still hangs when logging out. The exception remains emacs (not the terminal mode either). EMACS RULZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein

Bored??
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0

http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball