GRAMPS Genealogy Software problem ???

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 1 15:36:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 22:07 -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am having a completely baffling and mind- blowing problem with
> Gramps-3.1.1-3.  I can download and install it perfectly fine.  I can
> run it once, but not twice after completing configuration of
> preferences or importing a database!
>
> Once I set the preferences or import a database, I can no longer open
> the software...
>
> Does someone know enough geek speak to read a bug report, and possibly
> tell me what to do???  Can I attach a text file to this or should I
> copy the contents into a message???
>
> My system is loaded off F11-Preview-i386-Live.iso, and it is fully
> updated also?  Dependency resolution for Gramps was all found by yum,
> so I know it is not something that I am missing...
>
> Any help would be greatly and incredibly appreciated!

Hi, Rob. The most basic thing to do would be to run gramps from a
console. Open a terminal and then run it - it's probably just called
gramps, so just type 'gramps' and hit enter. If we're lucky, some useful
message explaining what's wrong will be printed on the console. Please
paste that message, if there is one. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey