Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda :(

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:35:09 UTC 2009

> the preview
> was even worse as it pretended to go through the installation
> process and left the system in an unbootable state. After
> restoring GRUB there was no sign of the new installation.

This is one of the problems I encountered with Fedora 11 preview
x86_64 on my Apple Macbook, which I dual boot with MacOS and Fedora.

Intially I tried a 'create custom layout' which left my Fedora
installation unbootable. (I have details of the chosen disk layout on
my desktop.) After a few attempts, I tried 'replace existing Linux
installation' with the same results. While in my first attempt I
selected an encrypted /home, I ticked the 'encrypt system' checkbox
for my last attempt.

What do you mean by "restoring GRUB there was no sign of the new
installation"? Although I did not tinker with GRUB, I booted into
rescue mode and found the Fedora 11 files inside /mnt/sysimage.

Is there a bug filed which I can track? Or should I file a new one? If
it is the latter case, I am inclined to give unencrypted filesystems a
shot before filing anything.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.