Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda :(

psmith psmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 4 10:36:21 UTC 2009

Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Valent Turkovic kirjoitti viestiss��n (l�hetysaika sunnuntai, 3.
> toukokuuta 2009):
>
>> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-11
>> -fail-because-of-anaconda/
>>
>> I wrote a blog post regarding issues I have with Fedora 11
>> anaconda installer. How is your experience using Fedora
>> anaconda installer with Fedora 11 beta and preview releases?
>>

> It's unable to deal with my LVM-over-dmraid disk configuration:
> all versions before preview crashed during the installation
> (bugs #491348, #494186, #494124, #495356, #495687), the preview
> was even worse as it pretended to go through the installation
> process and left the system in an unbootable state. After
> restoring GRUB there was no sign of the new installation.

i had the anaconda raid problems with the beta i686 and x86-64 releases
when trying to install onto raid0 dmraid (nvidia) but the preview i686
release worked perfectly, even choosing a custom layout! i'll be trying
out the x86-64 preview later this week so i'll report if there is any
problems with it but i can't forsee any :)

phil