F11 preview - Battery duration

Gireesh sgireeshmail at gmail.com
Thu May 7 00:50:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:18 AM, iarly selbir | ski0s <iarlyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not believing, my laptop has a battery of 4 cells, after I enable on
> power management applet the Xtreme power save mode, my battery duration goes
> from 2 hours of duratin to 14 hours... uaaaaall

The change to DeviceKit means the power applets read the battery info
incorrectly in some cases. My battery used to show negative capacity
for a while before a bug was fixed.

While recent power savings in F11 do seem to make up some gains, 2
hours to 14 hours on a 4 cell battery is simply unbelievable.

The only way to confirm is to ofcourse let your laptop run till it
powers off without battery. Do save your work *before* 2 hours and
file a bug if the laptop switches off anytime sooner than 14 hours ;-)

PS: If it really goes on to run for 14 hours, I would be very
interested in knowing the laptop model.

--
Gireesh