Mouse choice

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 8 20:30:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 08:04 -0600, Lawrence E. Graves wrote:
> I am still having trouble with my mouse choices.  However, I did notice
> that while I am in the virtual machine it works perfectly well.  This my
> desktop.  This is what makes me believe that it is a problem with
> programming. Something is broke. Because of my inexperience, I can't be
> of any help in process of fixing it.  Sorry.

We can certainly try to help walk you through a diagnosis.  Some basic
questions:

* Are you running Gnome (Fedora default) or KDE for your desktop?
* Exactly what desktop setting are you attempting to change, which is
failing?
* Are there any entries in /var/log/messages which are produced when you
attempt to do this, or which look like they might be related?
* What type of mouse is it (USB, PS2, Bluetooth, etc.; manufacturer and
model if you know?)
* How did you install Fedora 11?  (Did you use the alpha, beta, preview,
installer or "yum upgrade" from Fedora 10?)  Have you updated the system
recently?
* What are the variables in /etc/selinux/config set to (the contents of
the file minus the lines starting with #)

-B.