Re: copy paste problem.

Rick Stevens wrote:

Middle mouse button paste has worked for me since F7 or so under Gnome
with or without the "source" window being open.  It even works under
Synergy (cut from one machine, paste in another). If it's not so in F11, then yeah, I'd say it's broken.

I think you're mistaken. I can't middle-click paste from gedit to gnome-terminal after quitting gedit in F10, for instance. I'm in agreement with earlier posters, this has never been possible.