Fedora 11 Release Candidate?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 13 23:10:52 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 12:18 -0700, MJang wrote:
>> Just wondering - will there be ISO spins of the Fedora 11 Release
>> Candidate (on the schedule for today), or would I just dump the os/
>> directory from today's rawhide?
>
> There will not be public RC isos.  Use rawhide for that.  The RCs come
> too quickly and are too large to mirror to the public.

Thought that was the idea of jigdo, that you could use what had changed without
changing everything. I have saved every rpm I downloaded, but there are more
than a few. ;-) I'd like to be able to create a reasonable install disk rather
than install obsolete buggy packages I have to upgrade immediately. I said that
in an earlier post, but if there's a solution I'm sure there are others who have
saved their downloads and now are ready to install on other machines.

If there's something I'm missing, feel free to clarify, I have the pre, the
snapshots for 32/64 bit x86, and every rpm up to about 15 minutes ago. I can D/L
a whole DVD but I'd be happier to save bandwidth.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>