Revised draft of priority / severity mail to -devel list

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 14 20:07:32 UTC 2009

> Hi, guys. Here's a revised draft of my proposed mail on the priority /
> severity issue to -devel-list. It addresses the points that have come up
> since the original draft (I think, I hope I didn't miss any) and adds
> Matej's alternative to the original proposal.
>
> Does this look OK?

OK, so, follow-up on this:

Matej sent the draft to the devel list, where it died a quiet death. :)
Which is actually fine by me, since all we needed to hear from devs is
that it's not going to *hurt* them. And no-one complained.

So I reckon we should just go ahead and start setting priority /
severity, then see where we are in a few weeks, or at the end of F12
cycle. But we need to pick either the Williamson / Beland Method
(triagers set both priority / severity), or the Cepl Method (triagers
set severity only). I don't really mind, I can go with either system.
Does anyone have a strong opinion either way? Votes? Thanks, guys!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey