Re: Weird Character Mapping on Evolution on F11 Preview

On Sun, 17 May 2009, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

Instead of showing the character (usually commas, apostrophes, and
single / double quotes), it shows a small square box with what appears
to be a hex code inside of it. I'm assuming that this is Evolution's way
of saying, "I give up - since I don't know how to display this
character, I'm going to display the hex code for this character
instead."

I don't think it is just evolution, as that is the standard way to display unicode characters if there isn't a matching character in the selected font. It may be that that email is using a different character set and not declaring it properly, or it may that there are fonts packages you can add so that those characters display correctly.

	Michael Young