Settng DPI on gdm and Sessions

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Tue May 19 22:23:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 21:40 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > Fortunately, I have an nVidia card on one of my systems. Unfortunately,
> > my laptop has switchable graphics - with the choice of Intel or ATI
> > chipsets. Guess there really isn't going to be much of a workable
> > solution which covers all of the bases for that one...
>
> I'd recommend setting it to Intel only (i.e. disable the ATI one) in the
> BIOS if possible, you'll save power and you'll get well-working Free
> drivers.

Already did that.

...and I'm staying with the Intel chipset until such time as the level
of suckage with the ATI drivers for the Radeon HD3400 series reduces to
reasonably tolerable levels.

However, because of how the chip sets are set on this laptop, the ATI
chipset actually does use less power overall.

--
"Only two things are infinite,

-- Albert Einstein