Volume applet for gnome?

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Sun May 24 17:12:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You should have an icon in the notification area.  (It is no longer an
> applet but a notification area icon).

You're right, I hadn't even noticed that!  Thanks.  Unfortunately, my
notification area is on a short panel along the bottom.  I used to
have the volume applet on a wide panel along the right and was able to
position it exactly where I wanted, in the upper-right corner.  That
made it easy to get to.  (Position in the notification area seems a
bit random.)  Oh well, this is much better than nothing!

Thanks again,
Reid