StockBugzillaResponses updated, nVidia question

Gireesh sgireeshmail at gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:13:38 UTC 2009

> To be precise, if you have no xorg.conf, F11 will use nouveau
> automatically, assuming it's installed, which I think it should be
> (Matej, it was installed by default on previous releases, right - just
> not *used* by default?) If you have an xorg.conf remaining from a
> previous release which specifies a particular driver (nvidia or nv),
> that driver will continue to be used, F11 won't magically override your
> xorg.conf.

Atleast that's not what happened for me on a fresh F11 install with a
Nvidia GeForce 6150.
I got a 1024x768 stretched display with vesa. I had to manually create
a new xorg.conf from
the nouveau test day [1] and restart X. After that it worked fine.

This was a lxde only install that skipped firstboot if that is
significant. Manually running
system-config-display still came up with vesa at 1024x768 though.

[1]  https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/d/d9/Xorg.conf.nouveau

--
Gireesh