Re: One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release

2009/5/28 Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com>
> On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 20:54 +0300, cornel panceac wrote:
> > it would be very nice to announce the release candidates when they become
> > available.
> >

> We can't broadly announce them, as the RCs are not mirrored and piling
> more people into trying to get access to the RCs would just make it that
> much slower for the key people to get them in the first place.  If we
> went to a mode where we could only do one RC a week and it was mirrored
> and we had something like 3 months to get through RC phase that might
> work, but I doubt our developers would appreciate that.

i was thinking about torrent-only. limiting the audience means less testing.

Forgot to mention, each night's rawhide is made up of the frozen
content, so by testing rawhide, you're essentially testing the RC.

unfortunately for me i don't have the time xor resources to test each boot.iso, as i'm sure you understand :)

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!