f12 beta still loses "next", "cancel" buttons off of RHS of screen during firstboot

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Tue Nov 3 16:57:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 12:37 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> i installed f12 beta x86_64 on my gateway mx7120 with the
> aforementioned ati radeon xpress 200m video, and while the
> installation seemed to go just fine, upon reboot when i hop into
> firstboot, i am still losing the right side of the screen, to the
> point where what i assume are the "next" and/or "cancel" buttons are
> not visible.
>
>   i mentioned this before and someone else from red hat (adam
> williamson?) filed a BZ report on this.  from my perspective, this
> behaviour is a definite blocker if someone can't reasonably run
> firstboot right after an install.

Robert,

I may be seeing something similar on a 32-bit ThinkPad A22p with ATI
Rage Mobility 128 video. Unless I select base bideo during initial
installation, the right 1/3 of an 800x600 window in a 1600x1200 display
is torn/garbled such that the Next and Cancel buttons are effectively
masked. After the initial reboot I get a normal full screen with
firstboot and everything is fine. It would be nice if this problem could
be fixed, but my A22p is so old it's hardly worth the effort.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL