Re: Daylight Savings Time

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 15:32 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
On 11/03/2009 11:02 AM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Should rawhide have set US East Coast Daylight Saving Time back one hour
on Nov 1 to Standard Time?

OK, I see I am different...now I wonder why? The bios on this machine DOES NOT use UTC and the UTC box was unchecked during installation. Does that make a difference?

I also see that since setting the time correctly about 5 hours ago, time has gained 5 minutes. I recall msgs sometime ago on this list about the clock gaining time in rawhide, so all I may have been seeing was time creep and not an erroneous EDST -> EST.

Does booting with 'nohz=off' fix the clock creep?

If there was an issue with UTC vs Not UTC, your time would be 5 hours off, not one hour.

--
Christopher G. Campbell
Email: campbecg cox net