Re: Changing from ext3 to ext4

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 01:13:03 +0200
shmuel siegel <fedora shmuelhome mine nu> wrote:

Way back when ext4 became official, we were told that we could change
to ext4 by mounting our ext3 partitions as ext4. Gparted is still
reporting my partition as ext3. Can this be safely changed without
losing data.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ext4_in_Fedora_11#How_do_I_migrate_from_Ext3_to_Ext4.3F

kevin
Thanks. The tune2fs instruction was the necessary extra step. BTW, it wasn't necessary to unmount the partition for the tune2fs (couldn't do / otherwise). But had to reboot and do the fsck on the reboot (it was forced because of some checksum errors)