Re: Bad sound in F12 with SB live soundcard (emu10k1)

On 11/04/2009 02:31 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
----- "Joachim Backes"<joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>  wrote:

Having a SB Live soundcard (PCI) on my box, driven by emu10k1. But
when
using F12 Beta, the sound is totally blurred and overdriven. I'm
running
pulseaudio.

Remark: no such awful sound in F11.

Long in the past I had similar problems with my SoundBlaster when
a distribution enabled digital output by default and I was using
analog output. Then the sound was extremely loud and noisy. A manual
change in sound properties was required. Can it be something like
that?

Can be, but reducing the output level has no effect: the sound remains overdriven, even after reducing the sound volume with the Sb Live applet in the gnome panel.

Which tool for managing the "sound properties" do you mean?

Regards

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes