Re: [Test-Announce] Upcoming Fedora12 RC install test

Liam wrote:
The ISO images are available for downloading at:
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/12-TC.1/

come join us :)
Liam
A few comments on the install.
On the bad side
1)I386 dvd Installation without fedora repository failed because it was missing jwhois 2)Installation with dvd and fedora repository failed - could be faulty media but a) why wasn't I given the option to continue - module was not critical (some palm-pilot module)
   b) why wasn't the fedora repository used as a backup for unreadable file
3) Installed fedora release notes for fedora 10

On the good side
1) Broadcom network wireless "just worked"
2) Even though I did an install with erase of root partition it picked up my passwords from home partition so that it can connect to encrypted wireless network (prompted for key ring)