Re: Where's Konqueror in SU

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 10:45 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I've been a Linux admin for well over 15 years and I've yet to see
> when
> I really _need_ root to have a GUI.

The only convincing use case I've ever come up with is resizing
the /home partition using a graphical partition tool; you can't do that
with su from a user account because the partition will obviously be
busy. =) but it's sufficiently niche that 'just run startx from runlevel
3' is really enough to cover it. or, y'know, 'use a live CD'.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey