right place for comments on fedora moblin remix?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Nov 7 18:06:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 05:21 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > I believe the appropriate action at this point is to debug your
> > xpress 200m. With fire, and possibly a big stick with rusty nails in
> > it.
>
>   chances are good that's true.  what's curious, however, is that
> *some* distros (debian, suse) work just fine with that video chip.
> fedora, though ... nothing but grief.  go figure.

Probably different X server / driver versions and config options. What
seems consistent is that _some_ 200ms wind up not working with just
about any X release. it just seems to be a particularly fragile chip for
some reason...

> > (seriously - what date remix did you try? it'll presumably be using
> > the same X packages as every other spin/mix, so if you got one from
> > yesterday you might have been bitten by the X server horkage, I
> > guess.)
>
>   i downloaded it maybe three days ago:
>
> http://fedora.roving-it.com/FedoraMoblin12-Beta2-LiveCD.iso
>
> and the fedora moblin page itself:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraMoblin
>
> suggests issues should be posted here or to the fedora-devel list.  is
> there an even newer spin i can test?

I'm not sure if they're doing daily spins :/ I also don't know what
versions of the X stuff wound up on their Beta 2 image. Peter Robinson,
could you let us know? What kernel and xorg-x11-server versions are on
the beta2 build?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey