Re: F12 RC possible bug when windows pre installed???

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 23:27 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I talked to Jesse today, and apparently this is known. The problem is
> that the installer is no longer tagged as a beta installer, so it
> refuses to use Rawhide repos, but the 'F12' repos are currently Rawhide
> repos, so there's nothing to install from. If I understand correctly, at
> any rate. This will get magically fixed once the real F12 repos exist.

I was finally able to look at the bug and the logs and it's slightly
different than I originally thought.  This has to do with the version
string that is passed to the compose process for rawhide.  It gets
passed a version of "rawhide" so the yum repos it finds all have the
name "rawhide" in them.  When betanag is turned off in Anaconda, it will
refuse to use any "rawhide" like repo by default, thus you get no repos.
The only way to "fix" that is to pass a different version string during
the rawhide compose once we've turned off betanag.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!