any life-threatening danger in upgrading my f11 box to rawhide?

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:32:52 UTC 2009

> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 19:34:32 -0500,
>>   "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>>
>> How are you checking? tigervnc-server-1.0.0-1.fc12.i686 is installed on
>> my machine.
>
>   i downloaded the f12 beta RC3 ISO image and, mounting it, i can peek
> into the Packages/ directory, where i see only tigervnc.  is that not
> an accurate way of knowing what packages come with f12?  if it's not
> on the DVD itself, from where did you get it?

'Everything', "what packages come with f12", will not be on the DVD.
'Everything' will not fit on one DVD. My guess would be 'everything'
would be more like 2 DVDs and a CD or two.

So yes it is quite possible that something, a package or two, or three,
or more, could be installed on your current system and not included on
the original DVD.

What you are looking for for example, tigervnc-server, is in the
'everything' repo as tigervnc-server-1.0.0-1.fc12.i686.rpm and not on
the DVD.
--

  David