Re: "yum update gcc" runs into libmudflap-devel

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 18:03 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > ...or what weird third-party package may be preventing libmudflap-devel
> > from getting updated...
>
> Conspiracy theories are not helpful. There have been similarily "weird"
> packages in the Fedora package collection before, too.

um. It's hardly a conspiracy theory, it's a common cause of this kind of
problem. I did consider mentioning that it can happen with repository
packages too, but didn't bother for brevity. Guess I won that battle but
lost the war...sigh.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey