what should plymouth be going?

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Nov 12 21:35:30 UTC 2009

I have F12-rc4 installed on both baremetal and as qemu-kvm guests.

During bootup on the baremetal systems, I get a gui with a large light-blue
screen and a "balloon" which slowly fills and the turns into a stylized "f"
before displaying thr GDM login screen.

During bootup on the qemu-kvm guests, I get a blue/white bar working its way
across the bottom of the screen until it turns into the gdm login screen.

On shutdown for the qemu-kvm guests, I get a black screen with white text in
the center saying "shutdown in progress" or words to that effect.

On shutdown on the baremetal systems, I get a black scrren with a cursor in
the upper left corner.

At one point during the F12 development process, I did get a shutdown screen
on at least one baremetal system which looked a bit like the bootup screen.

What should I be seeing?  Is there a bug here?

Gene