Re: Does firefox upgrades need some pre/post install love to close and restart firefox during upgrades

On 11/15/2009 02:24 PM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> Because this will trigger the firefox saving mechanism and would not
> cause a data loss.

Session Restore does work well for me, but it does not derive data
exclusively from the DOM cache - it will reload some data from sites,
losing state in some cases, causing side effects in others.  It would be
lovely if it were all cached and deterministic, but we can't know what
kind of bad things will happen if we automatically restart.

Ubuntu's solution looks right for now.

In the future, maybe we can have a filesystem for each package and
snapshot it for the current running Firefox and update into one that
will be used on the next application launch.  But that's getting ahead
of ourselves.

-Bill
--
Bill McGonigle, Owner