Does firefox upgrades need some pre/post install love to close and restart firefox during upgrades

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 20:06:13 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> writes:
> Other applications don't seem to have problems with
> in-place updates. Why isn't anyone filing bugs on Firefox upstream?

Emacs is broken the same way.  The old running emacs also loses when the
pathnames for its runtime files changes to a path containing the new
version number.  I think this failure mode is going to exist for any
program that comes with a large bundle of runtime loadable code.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3