Images directory in Rawhide?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Nov 19 21:52:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 14:14 -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
> <caf at omen.com> wrote:
> > When will the Images directory (pxeboot et el.)
> > appear in the Rawhide rsync?
>
> Probably never: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_Frozen_Rawhide_Proposal
>
> I believe the plan is to have people install the current stable
> release, and then yum upgrade to get the rawhide packages.
>
> --
> Jeff Ollie

That is more correct.  More noise about this is coming, but rawhide is
transitioning into a never stopping ever moving repository of packages,
NOT an install tree.  However sufficiently brave and cluefull folks can
figure out how to use boot media from a previous release or snapshot and
install from the rawhide repo.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)