Re: yum clean as $USER ?

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Aioanei Rares wrote:

Perhapin the light of the recent thread regarding users' permissions to install packages, I have a quick question : in Rawhide I typed accidentally (eg without leading sudo) the command 'yum clean all' as a simple user, and it worked. Is this intended, am I overlooking something, or...?

that cleans out the local user cache for yum.

yum in about 3.2.23 started making a user cache in /var/tmp/yum-$username-randomchars and using that for when a user wished to search/list/etc transactions.

so now yum clean all, invoked as a user, cleans out that cache.

-sv