Something much slower after upgrading to F13 Rawhide?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Mon Nov 23 15:45:19 UTC 2009

A couple of days ago, I upgraded my system to F13 Rawhide.  Since then, a
little miniclip.com flash game my kids got me addicted to ("Aliens Must
Die") is running much more slowly.  It's a shoot-em-up game with lots of
moving objects, and the system just doesn't seem to be able to keep up with
animating them nearly as well as it could before the upgrade.

Is it possible that this is only because the Rawhide kernel has debugging
enabled?  Or is this a real performance degradation?  If the latter, I've
got no idea how to track down the exact cause of the performance degradation
or how to report it in BZ.  I also, unfortunately, don't have a lot of time
to pursue it.  Any suggestions for useful things I can do?

BTW, I have a Unichrome S3 video adaptor and a ViewSonic LCD monitor.

  Jik