increasing grub timeout?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 07:34:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 15:15 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:28:19PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> >> As it stands, one has to hover over the
> >> escape key, trying to time it correctly.
> >
> > Not weighing in with any opinion on your propositions but just try
> > _before_ even a grub screen will show up, but not far before, to hit
> > "Up" or "Down" arrow keys, or even "Escape", and patiently wait for
> > what will happen.
>
> I know all that, but several times in the past 24 hours I've found
> myself booting the wrong thing.
>
> Increasing _to_ three seconds? Ten is nearer the mark, I think.
> Especially for those of us playing with virtual machines and windows
> popping up and going away

10 seconds? And what about those of us who boot into Fedora by default
and don't want to wait? If I want to use my other install, I reboot ,
sitting right there. No problem pressing a key to stop the timeout.

People change the timeout according to their requirements.

System>admin>boot loader.

You should do the same

regards,
Ankur