Enhancing Our Fedora 13 Release Criteria

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 16:02:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 15:15 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 11/24/2009 01:43 PM, James Laska wrote:
> > Good points.  My $0.02.  I'd suggest we narrow the focus to all
> > applications accessible from the menu for the LiveCD or default install.
> > Would I like to see this expand, definitely.  I don't want to bite off
> > more than we can chew.
> >

> One *favorite* LiveCD regardless if it's the Gnome one or not over
> another one will gradually start causing rift in the community.

That's certainly not what QA would hope to convey from this process.  As
an exercise for the reader ... I intentionally didn't specify which
LiveCD.

> All spins should be treated equal in the eyes of QA ;)

It sounds like a good long-term goal, but I don't fully agree that we
could hit this short-term.  However, we shouldn't be making it more
difficult or excluding other spins.

> It's just up to the relevant spins sig on how much they work with QA.
>
> The more they work with QA the more the spin is exposed to testing..

That's a good approach.  What can we offer as a benefit for working with
QA?

Thanks,
James